Support Forum

Lantiv
 FAQ  FAQ  Search  Search  Memberlist  Memberlist
Register :: Log in Log in to check your private messages

Making sure the program can do what I need   View previous topic :: View next topic   
teomi
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Making sure the program can do what I need Reply with quote

Hgi there,

I have spend some time with the program and got to know the basics. Before I really try to understand it I want to make sure it can help me with my situation.

I run a college program that has around 20 individual courses which, for the most part, are linear - one course ends, the next begins. Each course has a different length in terms of amount of class sessions. Also I will have day session and night session each of which will have a different student group with a different course start date. Does this program monitor dates?

If so -

1- Can I set a beginning date and end date for a class (i.e. a six week course then followed by a new one) so I can have an overview of when my class starts, ends, how many more sessions till my next course start..etc?

2- I see that each lesson is either 30 minute or an hour...how does this work? Cause as far as I can see it all depends on how you set it up in the lesson tab.

In my situation I have a day class session with one group of students and an evening class session with another group.
The class schedule is 11-4PM and 5-10PM which an hour break . Will this kind of schedule work with the program?

And finally, since the day and evening sessions are with different students that may have different start dates to their program, can I have the timetable have different start dates?

Thanks in advance,
Eitan
lantiv
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Dates Reply with quote

Site Admin

1. The program does not handle dates. Each file contains a timetable of up to 7 days, and that's it. It is not possible to specify start and end dates for activities. The intention was that the program is to be used to construct a weekly timetable that repeats itself during the semester or the school year. The next version will allow dates but the current one does not.

2. A lesson can either be a period during the day, in which case all lessons should have more or less the same length (40-45 minutes for example), or - a constant interval such as 15, 20 or 30 minutes. In such case the length of a one hour activity with 15 minute periods will be "4", for example. In the latter case the automatic capabilities will be disabled in case there are more than 16 lessons.
jimstoffel
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Setting dates Reply with quote

Does your current version allow for setting dates for individual activities: A beginning and an ending?
lantiv
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Version 7 Reply with quote

Site Admin

Lantiv Scheduling Studio 7 allows to set start and end dates for an activity. See this topic in the user's guide:

http://wiki.schedulingstudio.com/wiki7/index.php?title=Scheduling_an_Activity_by_Defining_a_Time_Range&useskin=lantiv7

Jump to: